Wednesday 28 January 2009

Erins Delight

One of the first cocktail comps I entered, was Martin Millers gin comp. I was shaking and I was so nervous that I completely screwed the whole thing up! My cocktail was named "Erin's Delight" a combination of gin and creme De cacao. It was based loosely on the "Pegu Club"cocktail. I named it after my lovely wife who loves gin but I know she love's me more!


Erin, Erin you burn so bright, you light my way
Day and night, I bask in your warmth and your
flowing dark hair.

Knowing the feeling you will always be there
To share in my good, my bad, my happy and sad
To lift my spirits when I'm down trodden and blue
I could love no one else but you

Erin, Erin you burn so bright,you are my one
And only constant delight


To recreate “Erin's Delight” take one hot and fiery Northern Irish lass
marry her in a blasé of fire and brimstone add a little chocolate and a dash of lime.

“Not all wild things need to be tamed”

Erins Delight#1
Into a boston add:
40mls Martin Millers Westbourne Strenght
10mls Creme de cacao white
25mls fresh lime juice
15mls Homemade corriander syrup
1-dash peychaud bitters
Shake over ice and strain into a 5oz classic cocktail glass, garnish with a lime wedge

Since creating Erins Delight I have tweaked it a fraction

Erins Delight#2(Served at Bon Lion)
Into a boston add:
40mls Martin Millers Westbourne Strenght
10mls Creme de cacao white
30mls Fresh lime juice
5mls sugar syrup
1 dash of recreated Bokers bitters http://www.evo-lution.org/
1 pinch of fresh corriander
Shake over ice and strain into a 5oz classic cocktail glass, garnish with a lime wedge

No comments: